About Joseph W. Grad
- Georgetown University Law Center, LL.M., Securities and Financial Regulation, 2003
- The Pennsylvania State University, J.D., 2002
- University of Scranton, B.S., Political Science, 1998
- New York State, 2004 (by examination)
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, 2006 (by examination)
- General Member, International Masters of Gaming Law (IMGL)
- Member, International Association of Gaming Advisors (IAGA)
Joseph W. Grad is a private practitioner in Pennsylvania, representing individuals and entities in all aspects of gaming law in numerous jurisdictions. Attorney Grad founded his firm in 2010 following his tenure as a Pennsylvania gaming regulator. Attorney Grad was one of the first attorneys hired by the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board (PGCB) following the establishment of the agency in 2004, and served in the positions of Assistant Chief Counsel and Special Counsel for Corporate Finance & Governance.
During his tenure with the PGCB, he drafted, developed and shaped many of the PGCB’s regulations, policies and procedures. Of note, Attorney Grad was the principal drafter of the PGCB’s licensing regulations. In such role, Attorney Grad drafted the first regulations in the United States specific to the licensing of private investment funds. In addition, he served as the PGCB’s legal advisor on matters involving corporate licensees, including all mergers and acquisitions within the PGCB’s jurisdiction.
Prior to joining the PGCB, Attorney Grad counseled internet start-ups, and held positions with the Chicago law firm of Wildman, Harrold, Allen & Dixon and Siemens Building Technologies, Inc.